Thursday, September 26, 2013

New Start: Disability Mininstry and Evangelism

With the advent of respite care ministry taking over the church body. I wonder how much of it has to do with you wanting to show Christ's love to a particular family or child. When we do disability ministry, do we actively participate with the intention of sharing God's Love with the families participating? I guess I am asking a blunt question: When we do disability ministry is it our goal to bring the special needs child, the family of that child, or the disabled person (young or old) to a saving knowledge of God's love? Or, do we do disability ministry (all facets) because it is the right thing to do (more of a social cause)? Working with the disabled can be tiring and we can actually begin with the right reason (to change one's life by introducing them to Christ). But we can actually come to a place in our ministry (by working hard in advocacy) to forget the reason we began. I am not saying that if we do disability ministry to help the needy and provide services to families and individuals with needs is bad thing. Jesus said we should be the first to help. What I am asking is this, If you are serving a child, teen, adult or family that doesn't know Christ, are you sharing Christ with that person or family? After all, Christ can make a major difference in the outlook they have in Life!

No comments:

Post a Comment